Cherry Chia Seed Jam
- 1 Cup Frozen Cherries (thawed to room temperature, separate from the 1/3 Cup)
- 1/3 Cup Frozen Cherries (thawed to room temperature, separate from the 1 Cup)
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey (to taste)
- 1 Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Add 1 cup thawed Cherries to your blender or food processor and blitz until it reaches a uniform consistency, about 30-60 seconds. Transfer the Cherry purée to a bowl.
- Add Chia Seeds and Maple Syrup to the bowl, quantity is depending how sweet you like your jam. Stir the mixture and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Prepare the rolls. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles on work surface. Firmly press edges together to seal and holes.
- Brush with butter, leaving about 1/2 inch on 1 of the long edges of each rectangle of dough without butter. Make sure this edge stays clean so the dough will seal.
- Spread the prepared Cherry Chia Seed Jam over the melted butter on dough.
- Roll dough up tightly, and seal edge.
- Using serrated knife, cut each dough roll into 16 equal slices.
- Place slices cut side down 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and with additional jam on top.
Image Courtesy of cookingwithcurls.com