- 1 Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Dough Ball
- 1/2 Pound Ground Meat (beef, turkey, chicken)
- 1 Package Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
- 6 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Your Favorite Gluten Free Jar of Sauce
- 1/2 Pound Low-Moisture Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (sliced into 10 round pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the ground meat and spinach. In a large, dry skillet, cook the ground meat uncovered over medium-high heat until lightly browned all over and cooked through (about 8 minutes).
- Once the ground meat has nearly finished cooking, turn off the flame and add the fresh spinach leaves to the skillet.
- Cover the hot skillet tightly and allow the spinach to steam for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Cover and allow the spinach to steam further if necessary. Set the skillet aside.
- After dough has been rolled out on baking pan, top with all of the tomato sauce and spread in a single layer. Scatter the slices of mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the sauce, and top with the ground meat and spinach mixture. Sprinkle the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese evenly over the top. Add the final layer of turkey pepperoni if desired.
- Place the baking pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges of the pizza are golden brown, the cheese is melted, and the sauce is bubbling.
- Allow to cool until the cheese is set (about 5 minutes) before slicing with a pizza wheel or sharp knife. Serve warm.
For a make-ahead meal, bake the pizza for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely, then wrap and place in the refrigerator. Before serving, bake for another 15 minutes in a 375°F oven, and then proceed with serving directions in the last step.