- 1 Wholly Gluten Free 9" Pie Shell
- 2 Cups Pecans
- 3 Large Eggs (or egg replacer)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Vegan Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Semisweet Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the pecans for about 8 minutes, or until fragrant; coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs or egg replacer with the brown sugar, brown rice syrup, vanilla, melted vegan butter, bourbon and salt until blended. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour the filling into a Wholly Gluten Free pie shell, and place the unbaked, filled pie on a baking sheet before sliding into the oven. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 55 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Transfer the pie to a rack and let cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
Photo and Recipe credit: @glutin_free_foodie